Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday...Featured photographer

Please sit back and enjoy some beautiful imagery from Gabreal Elizabeth Photographer

How did you come up with your business name? 

I just used my first and middle name. And rather than putting “photography” at the end, I used “photographer”. I did that because I wanted to be viewed as an individual artist instead of referring to myself as a thing….if that makes sense. 




What brought you to photography? 

I have been into photography ever since I can remember. When I was in High School, I used to snap photos of myself with my good ol’ point and shoot and edit them with some funky filters. My favorite one at the time was a turquoise tinted one! Haha!




 What do you like to shoot? 

Maternity is definitely my favorite. There’s just something about a belly full of baby that seems so serene. And the excitement seems to radiate.




who is you favorite muse? 

I have three. I take my inspiration from my children. They are with me, even when their not. And the sincere love I feel for them is always a constant, no matter what I’m shooting. 




What is in your camera bag? 

Nothing too fancy! I shoot with Canon 70D & my treasured nifty fifty. Those are both my go-to’s. I also bring along some bobby-pins, lip gloss and a few emergency items such as skin colored (invisible) bandaids. 




 What type of camera bag do you rock? 

The good ol’ canon brand!!!! ;)




 photoshop or Lightroom? 

Lightroom (looove it)




 Jpeg or Raw? 

Both!


 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

real, emotion, layed-back




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why? 

KaylaV Photography: her photos just make me swoon every single time I see them. Another photographer I look for every time I jump on the computer is K. Fenton Photography: I am in no way a birth photographer, but the moments she captures are breathtaking!!! 




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Definitely Autumn! The colors make for amazing backdrops. And, I just like the light that time of year.




 what is your non photography related down fall?

Coffee, for sure! I could easily drink it all day long.




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date? 

Honestly, there is too many to pin-point a single time. But I do always try to remind myself that I am only human; even if I am a clumsy one.




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out? 

Don’t try to be like someone else. What you have to offer is yours and yours alone. Find your style, and go with it. 

 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers? 

If I wasn’t a photographer, I would probably be an interior designer or architect. Creativity flows wild through my viens.




 What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years? 

I really just want to grow with the constant rising of my own expectations. I am always teaching myself new things and coming up with new ideas. I exhaust myself! haha



To keep up with Gabreal's work follow their Facebook page Gabreal Elizabeth Photographer Go show some love. Until next time, XOXO