Monday, March 31, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured photographer

Today's feature is sweet as can be. It is different than any lifestyle i've shared before. I instantly fell in love with it the moment I opened up her email. I won't keep you any longer. Please take some time to read about Sarah of Sarah Hudson Photography


 How did you come up with your business name? 

It came to me in a dream. ;)  Actually, I took the easy way out and just used my name.  I’m not very creative. 







 What brought you to photography? 

my kids, and then a need to find myself after having kids.  I needed something that was just for me. 





What do you like to shoot?

my family, other people’s families.  I would really like to start photographing more of the older generation.  We often focus on capturing moments when our babes are little, but life should and needs to be documented later in life, too.





 who is your favorite muse? 

my kiddos, for sure.








 What is in your camera bag? 

5d mark iii, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm,  although my 35 is my workhorse lens.  The other two collect dust. 

   



 What type of camera bag do you rock? 

a beat up epiphanie lyric in mustard and a Lowerpro backpack that I use for sessions.  





 photoshop or Lightroom? 

both, but lightroom is my main squeeze.  I do about 95% of my editing with LR.  I really need to tackle photoshop soon!





 Jpeg or Raw? 

raw





 In three words only how would you describe your photography style? 

I have a hard time describing myself in any area of my life and this was no exception, but I’ll go with natural, fun and hopefully (at least occasionally) emotive.





 Top 2 favorite photographers and why? 

So hard to pick two because there are so many that I love, but I really adore Molly Flannagan for her lifestyle work and Katy Tuttle for her poetic imagery.  




Favorite season to shoot and why? 

I don’t know if I have a favorite, but the evening light in late summer and early fall is lovely.






 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

this time of year. . . cadbury creme eggs.  I can never get enough!




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date? 

I fell in a lake during a family session.  I saved my camera, but had to shoot the remainder of the session soaking wet from the waist down. Oy!




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?  

It is not a race.  I have to remind myself of that sometimes.  I have a long way to go and it can be frustrating, but it is a journey and one that I realize (and hope) never ends.  I’m trying really hard to see value in my work at EVERY stage even though some of it makes me cringe! :)




 If you weren't a photographer what would you be, any dream careers?  

Own a record shop!  I used to work at one in college and, although the pay was crap, the music and the people were fantastic! 




 What is your goal for photography for the next 3 years?  

My kids start school full time next year so I’m going to give it my best shot and go full time.  I have a lot of changes to make so that it will work, but I’m excited to try!





To keep up with Sarah's work follow her Facebook page Sarah Hudson Photography Go show her some love. Until next time, XOXO