Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured photographer

Today's Inspiration is clean, soft and organic. Her work is so calming. I can stare at it and just feel a sense of calmness come over me. I am going to jump right in. So grab a cup of coffee and sit tight and enjoy... Z. Noelle Photography



 How did you come up with your business name?

Z. Noelle Photography is named after my daughter, Zoe Noelle




 What brought you to photography?

I've always been interested in photography ever since taking a class in 7th grade.  But it wasn't until after college and working in the corporate world that I went back to school for a degree (at age 27!)




 What do you like to shoot?

Mostly people.  In particular girls and women.  I also love shooting fine art landscapes




 who is you favorite muse?

My kids, Max, age 7 and Zoe, age 4




What is in your camera bag?

A Canon 5D Mark iii, a Canon 5D, the Canon 200L f.2.8, the Canon 85L f1.2, the Canon 50L f1.2, the Canon 24L f1.4, batteries, a large reflector, a lens cleaner.  And tons of Sandisk CF cards!




 What type of camera bag do you rock?

 A Jille

 photoshop or Lightroom?

Photoshop




 Jpeg or Raw?

Raw

 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?  

Soft and calm but with pops of color




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

Meg Bitton and Lisa Holloway.  Both of their styles reflect the softness that I love and their post processing techniques are off the charts.


 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Fall in Colorado.  The colors are hard to believe




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..) 

A really good taco with tons of cheese




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

Back in my film days, realizing I didn't have film in the camera until 10 minutes into the shoot




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?
  
Learn BUSINESS.  Shooting pretty pictures is about 10% of what you do once you turn photography into a job.




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?  

I would be a travel writer.  I still hold onto the fantasy that I am going to be a National Geographic writer and photographer




 What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

To build my business in Denver and start including some travel to other states.  And to have my own studio space (currently I have a shared space).




To keep up with their work follow their Facebook page here Z. Noelle Photography Go show them some love. Until next time, XOXO