Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday's Inspiration... Featured Photographer

Today you are in for a real treat. Today is the first weekly Inspiration wednesday opened to any style of photography. This session is amazing. This is one of my personal great friends in the photography community. He is an amazing person at heart, sweet as pie and very active and supportive in the community. His work is clean, colorful and creative. Please sit down and enjoy some beautiful imagery and read a bit about KgPhotography and be prepared to be super inspired!


 How did you come up with your business name? 

I started with kgPhotography but once I got on Facebook and saw how many there were I went ahead and changed it to my name Ken Gehring Photography.





 What brought you to photography? 

 I have always, even as a child, loved looking at photo albums.  I would spend hours going thru them.  I bought a decent camera when my children were young and then it just grew from there. 




 What do you like to shoot?  

I love fine art and conceptual works, seniors and weddings!




Who is you favorite muse?  

My niece Jessica Arnold is my muse.




 What is in your camera bag? 

 EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera Kit with Canon 24-105mm f/4L; EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens; EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Autofocus Lens; Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital Camera W/EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens ; Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens; Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Canon 430EX II Speedlite TTL Shoe-Mount Flash, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Lens




What type of camera bag do you rock?  

LOL!!!  Just a cheap Canon bag, nothing fancy here!




 photoshop or Lightroom? 

Both of course!




 Jpeg or Raw? 

RAW all the way baby!




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?  

Provoking, Different, Light Inspired




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why? 

Kirsty Mitchell Photography – her imagination is beyond anything that I can even dream of, truly inspirational!  Also Hunter Leone is amazing at anything he sets his mind to.  Also brilliant artist!




 Favorite season to shoot and why?  

I love shooting in the fall, the colors, the cooler weather after the heat of summer, and the holidays are just around the corner!




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)  

All about good food!




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?  

When I put a senior on a rope swing and she almost hit a tree with her mom standing about 30 feet away watching!  I was knocked to the ground twice trying to stop her.  Never, NEVER again!  Safety first!




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?  

Don’t compare yourself to others. 




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?  

Fashion Designer




 What is your goal for photography for the next 3 years?  

To have an Art Instillation at the Arkansas Arts Center!




I hope you enjoyed his imagery as much as I do. If you are interested in continuing to be inspired you can follow him on his Facebook page here, KgPhotography Please go show him some love. Until next time, XOXO