Monday, February 17, 2014

Mondays Inspiration

Today we have one of my personal favorites. She is such a sweet person. Active in the photography community. Supports so many photographers. Her work is refreshing, I just love seeing it in my feed. She has just a touch of mood to her images and the light she finds is divine. Lets read a bit about Jennifer from Jennifer Nobriga Photography



 How did you come up with your business name?

well, i honestly couldn’t think of anything good, so i just went with my own name. 





 What brought you to photography?

this might sound silly, but it truly is an outlet for me to get out how i’m feeling. i started using photography to kind of deal with some personal things that were going on in my life at the time and i just fell in love with it. 




 What do you like to shoot?

i love to take pictures of my children. i would say that the majority of my work is all of my kids…with a few images that aren’t my kids thrown in there.




 who is your favorite muse?

definitely my children. i love trying to come up with new ideas for a shot or just trying to document something that we’re doing…like an activity or something. 




 What is in your camera bag?

oh i love this question!! right now it’s my canon 5d mark iii and my canon 24-70L. i just received both for christmas and i couldn’t be more excited!! it’s the combination that i am using a lot right now.




 What type of camera bag do you rock?

i have two kelly moore bags, but my kelly moore b-hobo in grey is my daily bag. i love it and i get so many complements on it!




 photoshop or Lightroom?

lightroom


 Jpeg or Raw?

raw




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

oh man, this is a tough one. i am so not good at heavy questions like this!! i honestly haven’t thought too much about my style…i pretty much just shoot how i want to shoot and what the mood might be calling for that day. if i had to choose three words, i guess that i’d say that my style is:

clean: i tend to not like too much clutter in my pictures. just my personal preference. 
honest: someone once described this as my style and it hadn’t occurred to me at all…it was really awesome and a total complement, so i’ll use it now if that’s ok.
simple: this might fall into the honest category, but it also describes my style i think. 




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

i really have a ton that would be considered favorites of mine. if i had to only give two though, i’d say meredith novario, because i have loved and admired her work for years and kate t. parker, whose work just constantly gets me every time. she’s just incredible. 




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

i would say fall, because it isn’t too hot and it isn’t too cold, it’s like the baby bear of the seasons….it’s perfect. 




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

sweets. baked goods mostly. i have this one recipe from the barefoot contessa for these brownies that are so darn good it’s ridiculous. do yourself a favor, make those brownies, cut them up into small squares and freeze them. it will change how you eat brownies forever. you’re welcome. 




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

oh man…i don’t normally shoot anyone other than my kids, but not too long ago a neighbor asked me if i’d take pictures of her son for his senior pictures. i said i’d do it because i was really flattered, but until the day of the shoot i was a basket case. i was nervous and i just didn’t want to do it, not because i didn’t like her, but because i was so very nervous about taking pictures of someone other than my kids. totally out of my comfort zone. anyway, it was the dead heat of summer (like if you stood still you would sweat) and i move around like crazy when i shoot, plus i am nervous about the whole thing so, here i am, this 42 year old lady, sweating like a pig, trying to take pictures of this high school senior. it was ridiculous. i just could not. stop. sweating. 




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?

if you can afford it, take a course to teach yourself how to shoot in manual…it’s incredible how much freedom you have once you learn how to do that. 




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?

i go back and forth in my head about what i’d love to do if i wasn’t doing this. something creative…just not sure what exactly!!  




 What is your goal for photography for the next 3 years?

to finish my personal 365 and to work on printing out the images of my kids and getting them up on my walls. i’d love to do something like a gallery showing. i’m also hoping that i continue to learn and grow as a photographer.  


If you want to continue to follow Jennifer and her amazing work follow her here on her Facebook page Jennifer Nobriga Photography , until next time, XOXO