Friday, June 27, 2014

Q&A {June 27, 2014}

I am going to start hopefully a weekly Q&A for you guys. Where when I post on my Facebook page, time for Q&A. You post your questions in the comments and I will pick a few of the questions and answer them via blog. Let's get on to the first one...


Q. What is the moment in your life where you decided you wanted to be a photographer?

A. I bought my first camera ever 3 years ago after I realized how much I was in love with taking pictures with my cell phone I was taking so many daily of my kids and nature that one day I just said I am buying a camera. So I went on Ebay and bought a used canon rebel xt. I very quickly fell in love with photography and grew this incredible passion for it that I just can't explain. I have never looked back since and do not intend to. 


Q. How long did it take you to learn to free lens like a champ, and do you have any tips for someone that wants to learn?

A. When I want to do something or learn something I always put my all in and don't stop until I know how to do it. I only started free lensing about 2 to 3 months ago and I LOVE the look of free lensing it fits my style of photography very well. SO I stopped at nothing and practiced daily until I learned. It only took me about 3 to 4 days to really learn how it worked and how my lens grabbed focus free lensing. When you want something BE DETERMINED and don't stop until you get it!

Tips: Set your lens to focus infinity. You can learn how here:  How to focus your lens to infinity. Never put your lens on focus to infinity until it is set to manual focus. It is not good to do it on auto focus. After you set it to focus infinity now take your lens and start moving it in and out very slowly. Just to get the feel of where it catches focus. You will see when it catches focus. Then start playing. Practice with something that is very still. Just to get the hang of it. Once you learn when and where it catches focus you can pretty much run and free lens. I know exactly how my lens needs to be if I want an in focus free lensed shot so I can chase my kids while free lensing and still get tack sharp images. The great thing about free lensing is OOF images are gorgeous. They do not have to all be in focus. I love the look of perfectly imperfect OOF shots. Please note. Free lensing can be dangerous. be very cautious of  the inside of your camera. Be smart and don't leave your lens off too long. 


Q. What are your favorite lenses?

A. My favorite lenses are prime lenses, meaning no zoom. My personal favs are the 85mm and 35mm. I also love the 70-200mm. That is like the only zoom lens I love. 


Thank you for the first week of Q&A. Until next time, XOXO!


And because all posts are better with an image...




CREATE from your heart! xoxo