Monday, June 2, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured Photographer!

Today's feature, I just have no words other than WOW! I love every single one of her images. They are artsy, creative and just down right amazing. I know her work immediately when I see it. It just alway's has her special touch. Her style is moody, emotive and creative. You must take a few minutes to read a bit about Jana of Jana Butman Photography and drool over her stunning imagery!




 How did you come up with your business name?

I always wanted to do something creative for my business name but never made the decision and now I feel it’s too late to change it. So yes, it is just my name. 






 What brought you to photography?

I’ve been interested in photography since I was a teenager. My dad did it as a hobby and bought me an old SLR camera when I was 15. I liked to play around with it. Then I moved to US in 2003 and started college in 2006. I chose photography and graduated with a degree in Digital Photography. 









 What do you like to shoot?


I love to take pictures of my kids the most. I also love still life and product photography. 





 who is you favorite muse?


My daughter. 





 What is in your camera bag?


Canon 5D mark II, 70-200mm 2.8f, 24-70mm 2.8f, 50mm 1.4f, 35mm 1.4f. 








 What type of camera bag do you rock?

I need a new bag! I have a little Quantaray bag and it’s too small








 photoshop or Lightroom?

Photoshop







 Jpeg or Raw?

RAW








 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

Simple, soulful, nostalgic





 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

It’s hard to pick two! I love Martin Stranka, http://www.martinstranka.com (he is a Czech fine art photographer) and then Anya Maria Photography, http://www.anyamaria.com , I love how she uses light and her portraits. 







 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Fall, because the light is so soft and pretty! 






 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

Reese’s cups! 





 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

I had a five minute cough attack and couldn’t stop coughing or talk! 






 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?

Be you, don’t shoot for others but for yourself! 







 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?

I would love to learn how to sew and sew clothes for kids. 








 What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

I would like to get more noticed in the Photography world and my dream is get into commercial Photography. 



If you would like to continue to follow Jana's amazing work follow her Facebook page here Jana Butman Photography. Please go show her lots of love. Until next time, XOXO!