Thursday, May 15, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday...Featured photographer!!!

Today's inspiration is amazing. Her work is lovely. Colorful, fun and flawless! The consistency in her work is inspiring. You will definitely love to have her in your feed. Please take some time out to read a bit about Amber of Amber jones Portraiture and look at some stunning imagery!




How did you come up with your business name?

 Other people with my name were already using Amber Jones Photography and other variations, so I needed something else. People are what I love to photograph, and I majored in fine art and studied as a painter, so photography is just an extension of the art of portraiture for me.






What brought you to photography?

 I've been involved in the visual arts since I was in junior high. I've taken a couple of film photography classes in the past, but I'm self-taught as far as digital goes. I've always loved classic movies and studied the images that came out of the Hollywood portrait studios. I used to practice copying them with pencil and paper as a kid.






What do you like to shoot?

 People! I love to find the beauty and character in a face.






Who is you favorite muse?

 Many of the females in my family have been my muse at one time or another. I'm lucky they let me practice on them over the years!






What is in your camera bag?

 Canon 6D, 450D, 135L, Sigma 50mm 1.4, a couple of speedlites and triggers, ND filters, gels.





What type of camera bag do you rock?

 One I found at the Goodwill store! The zipper just broke on it so I'm sure I'll be upgrading soon.





photoshop or Lightroom?

I use Photoshop. I've never tried Lightroom.






Jpeg or Raw?

8. Raw. 






In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

 Recently someone in a forum described my images as soft and quiet. I had never thought of those adjectives for my work but I like them. So how about: soft, quite, idealized.




Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

 There are so many greats. George Hurrell was one of my first inspirations and a lasting love. Of contemporary photographers, I adore the lighting of Joey L.






 Favorite season to shoot and why?

 Spring and Autumn probably tie for me. I would add summer if not for the heat, mosquitoes, and snakes where I live.






what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)


 What food is not my downfall? I love binge watching on Hulu and Netflix. Right now I'm stuck on Larkrise to Candleford.






What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

 Well, recently I stepped in a sinkhole that was filled with water. But, honestly, it didn't bother me much. I know I've called someone by the wrong name before, and that was probably the worst.






What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?

 Learning to be a good photographer is not easy. I would caution people about going into business before you have the skills.






If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?

 I always thought it would be fun to have a homemade candy shop like they have in touristy places. 






What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

 I want to start shooting weddings, which I've barely ventured into. Hopefully my style will continue to grow and evolve!






If you would like to continue to follow Amber's stunning work, follow her Facebook page here Amber jones Portraiture. Her website here Amber's website Please go show her some love. Until next time, XOXO!