Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday...Featured photographer!

It is Wednesday, which means another amazing feature. You will just love the work here today. Colorful, dreamy and her newborn work is lovely. Grab a snack and sit to read a bit about Whimsy Wishes Photography!


How did you come up with your business name? 

I wanted something that expressed the feeling and emotion of my work, instead of using my name.  I played around with a lot of names and “Whimsy Wishes” was the winner. 




 What brought you to photography?

I always enjoyed art and taking photos, after my son was born I couldn’t put my camera down.  I fell so in love with it I decided to start my business. 




What do you like to shoot?

Any kind of family photography.  Newborns and children are my absolute passion.  There’s really nothing better than a squishy baby, or capturing the awe and innocence of a child. 




Who is you favorite muse?

My kids, Noah and Amelia.  Noah will be 3 in June and Amelia will be 1.  Capturing them discovering the world just warms my heart.




What is in your camera bag?

Canon 6D, 135mm 2.0L, 70-200mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.4 and a lensbaby



What type of camera bag do you rock?

  Good old boring Lowepro.  I’m all about comfort and I love shooting outdoors so it’s the most practical for me.




photoshop or Lightroom?

Photoshop 




 Jpeg or Raw?

Raw




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style? 

This is always so hard for me.  Vintage, colorful, artsy




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

Meg Bitton, her photos evoke such emotion, I can feel what the subject was feeling. 
Pebbles and Polka Dots, Mary rocks her newborn shoots.  I love the use of color in her images.  




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Fall, Gods way of creating the perfect backdrop.  I love color, and there’s nothing more colorful than the changing leaves here in PA.  




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

 chocolate.  




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date? 

I haven’t fallen in front of anyone yet….  However I think it was during my Christmas mini session I had leggings on (which I wear 90% of the time for sessions since it’s more comfortable) and a shirt that wasn’t long enough.  So I get done with my sessions and my husband informs me that you can see my underwear through my leggings when I bend over, and since I was doing kids mini’s I was bent over most of the time.  Yay me!  Sorry parents… haha. 




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?  

Practice… a lot.  Shoot anything and everything, and find out what you’re passionate about and stick to it.  Also, find inspiration in other’s work but don’t sit and compare yourself to them or try to copy their work. You’ll waste countless hours trying to be someone else and not yourself. 




If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?  

Photography really is my dream career.  I do have a soft spot for Penguins, the little ones, I wouldn’t mind taking care of them.  




What is your goal for photography for the next 3 years? 

Continue to grow my business and grow in my photography.  I would love to attend one of Mary’s workshops from Pebbles and Polka Dots Photography.






If you would like to follow Whimsy wishes photography follow their Facebook page here Whimsy Wishes Photography. Please go show them some love. Until next time, XOXO!