Sunday, June 28, 2015

Shadows

Week 3 in creative love is SHADOWS! I run a Facebook group and every 2 weeks I have a theme with a tutorial and we all go out and shoot for that theme and tutorial. I have a winner at the end of each theme (2 weeks.) For those that are reading this not knowing what it is for. One of my favorite things. Shadows are so fun to play with. They allow you to get creative, artistic and just have fun. They allow you to see that there is so much more to an image than just taking a picture of your subject. Photography is an art and its fun to get artistic with your images. Shadows are EVERYWHERE. Just look for them. Where the light and dark meet, dappled lighting from trees, shadows from your subject on the ground, shadows, shadows everywhere. 
Like I said above, Photography is an art, Get creative with it. Getting creative will allow you to stand out, be inspired and stay fresh. Here are a few examples of how I use shadows on a daily basis. 


Shadows from the blind's in our windows... SO FUN!


The shadowing from the leaves in the trees above us. Super fun to play with. 

 
Shadows from my subject. Very fun to watch for and play with. Watch for them to fall on buildings too. 


Where light meets dark. In the shadows.

There are so many things you can do with shadows. These are just a few examples. So let's get creative, have some fun and go out and shoot some shadows. I can't wait to see what you all come up with this week. Thank you. Until next time, XOXO! ~Amber