Monday, December 1, 2014

Focus and be you!

So, a quick kind of personal more inspirational post to the "newbies" out there. There's a lot of rants going around with photographers being mad that there are so many "newbies" coming in the industry and price cutting and what not. I don't say anything on these rants because I don't want drama. I want to focus on good and keep moving forward. BUT, I feel the need to say how I feel here. Here is what I have to say to it all...

First off, we ALL started as a "newbie" I don't even like that word. I feel dirty when I say it. I just don't like calling someone a newbie and certainly didn't like being called that when I was new. No matter how long you have been at it. YOU WERE NEW. Remember how it felt to be the new one and people didn't like you or wouldn't give you the time of day? WEll, thats how these rants make the new "newbies feel. I want to focus on the new comers though...

New comers. Don't read into these posts. You are worth something. You are a person, a human being trying to make a difference and support your family just like everyone else. You are doing it. That's what matters. You are trying to be successful. It doesn't matter that some people are upset because you are new and charging less potentially taking clients. And I will get to that in a minute. Just do your thing. Focus on the good, focus on your success, focus on your future. Most important, BE YOU. 

Nobody should be upset that new comers are potentially taking your clients. If I had clients leave me just because someone was cheaper. I would say #1 that client wasn't meant to work with me and #2 I don't want clients that don't respect my worth. You will get clients that will stick with you no matter how much you charge and the ones that don't, oh well. Do you really want clients that just want cheap and don't care that you are worth more? I don't. I respect my worth. You should to. Bottom line. We all started somewhere. Accept the new comers, welcome them. Show some positive in the community. There's too much negative. Just remember you were in their shoes once to. Some of us not very long ago. These "newbies" as you say are people just trying to make a living to. Or some that really have a passion for this and are trying to learn. I knew immediately when I first bought a camera this was what I was meant to do. Was I good? HELL NO. That doesn't mean I didn't love it. There is plenty of room for talent in this community, accept it. 

New comers. DO YOU THANG!!!!!! And OWN IT..... 

And because no blog post is the same without an image.....Here is my goober... THAT FACE!!!!



Thanks for reading. Until next time, XOXO! ~Amber